Most Support U.S. Guarantee of Health Care

Most Support U.S. Guarantee of Health Care – New York Times

OK, it’s all I can do to not say “no sh*t sherlock” to this.  Turns out that 60% Americans are willing to pay $500 per year for something worth about $5,000 per year.  What is wrong with the other 40%.

Seriously, this is a new approach to Universal Health Care.  As in MA, pretend that it only costs $262 per year to provide coverage.

Access to quality health care tops the American public’s domestic agenda. Sixty-four percent of Americans (64%) believe the federal government should guarantee health insurance for everyone, according to the latest New York Times/CBS News poll. And they are willing to pay higher taxes to accomplish the goal. Sixty percent (60%) of Americans are willing to pay as much as $500 more a year in taxes and forego future tax cuts to achieve universal coverage. 

Advertisements

One Response to Most Support U.S. Guarantee of Health Care

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: